[TriLUG] Help! Red Hat v7.2 / IBM ThinkPad T21 crash

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Sat Oct 12 14:35:02 EDT 2002

Try "e2fsck -b 32768 /dev/hda1" (or whatever is the bad partition).  I
don't believe you use fsck on the whole device (such as /dev/hda) but on
partitions on that device (such as /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2 etc... which ever
is your bad partition).  Oh and here is a good quick over:

http://www.linuxcertified.com/recovery.html

Hope that helps.

-David