[TriLUG] XFree86 installation issues

Andrew Liepins apliepin at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 31 11:33:59 EST 2002

Hi folks..

A fairly verbose caveat before my question... I'm a newbie at Linux - my last UNIX experience was in grad school about 8 years ago. I have installed DragonLinux (based on Slackware) on my IBM Thinkpad. The kernel installation was smooth. I had some difficulty getting XFree86 v.3.3.x up and running, so I updated to v.4.2.0.  Upon my attempt to run "XFree86 -config", I received the following discouraging message:

"/lib/libc.so.6 version 'GLIBC2.2' not found"
(or similar)

I've dug around some resources to try to find some answers, but nothing has surfaced. Any advice?

Best regards,
Andrew Liepins, PA-C