[TriLUG] XFree86 installation issues

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Oct 31 12:04:51 EST 2002

Andrew,
It's asking for the gnu c libraries version 2.2 (glibc2.2) Your best bet
would be to use 3.3.6 on DragonLinux.

 What version of DragonLinux? I'm assuming you installed the version for
loop filesystems (where you could install it in your existing Windows
partition). I had some problems getting it working correctly.  I'd recommend
dropping back to XFree86 v3.3.6

If you are looking for a linux or linux emu that you can run from within
windows, check out www.cygwin.com as well. I use it on my Windoze boxes at
work along with bochs.sourceforge.net which is a virtual machine software
similar to VMware.