[TriLUG] RH8 & Kernel Compilation

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 1 15:49:31 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 00:45, H Brett Bolen wrote:
> GCC segfaulting is a common problem on overclocked
> systems.  Even if a system runs ok with windoes
> overclocked, it may not run with linux.
>
> as a test, try lowering the clock ( cpu and memory speed).

The system in question is a laptop that is not overclocked, not unless
HP overclocked it at the factory. Kevin's compilation steps worked with
RedHat's kernel source( thanks Kevin), but I'm still getting seg faults
with the stock kernel.

The reason I'm going through this is that the laptop doesn't have any
apm support, just acpi. I'm trying to get the acipi4l drivers into the
stock kernel.

Ken