[TriLUG] RH8 & Kernel Compilation

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Fri Nov 1 17:18:32 EST 2002

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:49:31PM -0500, Ken Mink spoke thusly:
> The system in question is a laptop that is not overclocked, not unless
> HP overclocked it at the factory. Kevin's compilation steps worked with
> RedHat's kernel source( thanks Kevin), but I'm still getting seg faults
> with the stock kernel.

Can you show me a screen capture of the segfault? Maybe a cut&paste
from the [x|E|gnome-|k]term is when it happens.

> The reason I'm going through this is that the laptop doesn't have any
> apm support, just acpi. I'm trying to get the acipi4l drivers into the
> stock kernel.

Yikes. That's painful - I've done it. Which kernel, are the patches
for that kernel rev, and which laptop?

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --