[TriLUG] Kmail problem

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 5 13:15:17 EST 2002

What do you see on the Status bar (at the bottom of the Kmail window)?
When your cursor is over the web link it should show the web address.
When you click on the web link in the mail, the status bar should
indicate: Opening URL...

If all that is happening, then the problem may be with KDE (are you
using KDE or gnome?).  Check your file associations.  In Mandrake you
would run the Center and then click on:
  FileBrowsing / File Associations / text / html

If that doesn't work, then this might be a good time to check out
Evolution.  I was a devoted fan of Kmail till I gave a Evolution a
shot!

Good luck - Jon

===