[TriLUG] Telocity/DirecTVDSL defunct

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Mon Dec 16 15:59:32 EST 2002

I've been using Bellsouth DSL for over a year now.... I've had no problems
with the service.  The news servers leave a bit to be desired but Internet
connectivity is pretty much problem free.  As a recent data point, I had
DSL back after the ice storm as soon as I got power back back.  Friends
with RR waited a day or so after power restoration to get their Internet.

--On Monday, December 16, 2002 09:54:33 AM -0500 Chris Knowles
<knowlesc at telocity.com> wrote:

> OK...
>
> So it looks like I'm getting a new broadband provider...
>
> Who do people recommend?  It looks like either BellSouth or
> RoadRunner...
>
> Of course, now there is the whole earthlink or RR, or max.inter.net...
>
> What to choose?  I'm currently looking at Earthlink or RR, but I'm happy
> to hear any recommendations.
>
> Thanks...
>
> CJK
> On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 02:37, Chris Knowles wrote:
>> Argh.
>>
>> I was really getting used to broadband in the house too.
>>
>> Telocity/DirecTVDSL is defunct.  they'll be up for ~30 days, and then
>> pffft.
>>
>> http://slashdot.org/articles/02/12/13/2050257.shtml?tid=99
>>
>> <sounds of incoherent rage and grief>
>>
>> CJK