[TriLUG] Telocity/DirecTVDSL defunct

Michael Winslow Czeiszperger michael at czeiszperger.org
Mon Dec 16 16:30:10 EST 2002

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 03:51 PM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> While I dislike salesmen that bait and switch as much as the next
> person, I must say, Micheal, that if you didn't read the contract,
> you don't have much to stand on.  Always, always read what you sign
> before you sign it, and if you don't like something, cross it out.

You're saying that if a salesman purposely misrepresents what he was
selling then I have no reason to complain? Some companies treat their
customers to a game of legal one-upmanship where you have to consult a
lawyer to buy anything. My response is that's a load of crap, and I'll
do business with companies that fairly represent what they are selling.
I'm not saying we should do away with contracts, but when companies
that purposely lie to their customers it should be advertised far and
wide so they either change their ways or go out of business. And that
is what I am doing here, warning the public about what happened.

Earlier this year I spent months working on a deal with Bell South,
only to have them spring the actual terms on me in the contract, when I
asked them repeatedly for them to just tell me on the phone so we
wouldn't waste everyone's time.