[TriLUG] More specifics on Login Issues

Jeff Tickle jtickle at jtsoft.net
Thu Dec 19 12:25:25 EST 2002

Thanks Jeremy and Janyne, but everything looks fine in the log files:

~/.xsession.errors contains nothing really suspicious.  Something about
destroying a mutex which isnt the problem, and apparantly EveryBuddy
redirects all of its output into the file as well... but other than
that, nothing seems icky.

There are no /tmp/xses* files.

/var/log/messages doesn't complain about anything.  And on the subject
of PAM, there are several lines in messages about opening and closing
sessions successfully for jtickle, and the timestamps suggest that it
wasn't instantaneous or anything like that.  Of course, these logins
have been done through the graphical login.

/var/log/secure has nothing out of the ordinary.  Just a bunch of ftp,
ssh, and sudo stuff.

but the problem is definitely still there.  :-/  About the PAM
configuration, what in particular should I look for?  (and in which
file?)

Thanks again, and in advance.

-J