[TriLUG] Rawhide!

Kevin Sonney alchemist at darkcanvas.com
Tue Jan 21 10:20:35 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 10:12:52AM -0500, Jeff Bollinger spoke thusly:
> I don't know if any of y'all ever grab downloads from rpmfind.net but
> out of curiosity, what are the RPMS associated with "Rawhide 1.0"?  Is
> that a Linux distribution?  If so, why are the RPMS colored the same
> light green colour as the RedHat RPMS?  Are they compatible?

Rawhide is a semi-regular public snapshot of the Red Hat development
tree. It may or may not contain working packages, new features, or
things that will be seen later on in Red Hat releases.

Notice I said "may or may not" - just because you see it in Rawhide
doesn't mean you will see it in  Red Hat Linux - just that someone was
interested enough in that package to play with it, evaluate it, and
whatnot.

I should also extend the "may or may not" qualifier to Rawhide being
any of the following : installable, buildable, supportable.Use at your
own risk, YMMV, etc, etc.

--
--         Kevin Sonney         --