[TriLUG] Re: Meeting - May 8th: Elections

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Tue Apr 29 22:54:30 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 09:13:10PM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 20:49, Mike Broome wrote:
>
> > [ Sorry for the delay in replying.  I wanted to check the Articles of
> >   Incorporation -- see http://www.trilug.org/articles.php -- because I
> >   remembered something about a minimum lead time for nominations.  Found
> >   it at the end of the eighth article: 10 days.  So by my counting, the
> >   nominations on April 28th made it under the wire. ]
> >

> [URL corrected]

Thanks, Jeremy.  That's what I get for reading it off a browser running
on one machine and typing it on another instead of pulling it up and
cutting and pasting.

> We've always taken it to mean that the 10-day limitation applied only to
> the special elections (and proposals to remove SC members), but not the
> regular meetings.  The wording is unclear.  The past precedent has been
> to accept nominations up through the day of the meeting, for the May
> general election.

Hmmmm.  OK.  That's obviously not what I get from reading them, but that
interpretation is less restrictive which simplifies the process.

So if anyone else has nominations, ignore my previous comment about the
10 day waiting period and nominate away ...

Mike

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org