[TriLUG] Mailman Setup?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 18 17:11:52 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:29, Ryan Wheaton wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> Probably tomorrow I'm gonna dive head first into my first install of
> Mailman (2.1) on a fresh install of RH 9.  I can't find too much
> documentation on installation or setup of Mailman (haven't checked the
> READMEs that come in the .gz yet) so I'm assuming that most everything is
> in the READMEs.  Just wanted to ping the list and see if there's anything I
> should know before jumping in, or if anyone had any good links to some
> docs.  I've googled, but can't find much.  I figure someone has something
> to say since i'm positive that _someone_ here has installed it before :-)
>
> -r

If you are installing via source (Kudos!) then the readmes will do a
great job of walking you through it.

I recommend that you use Postfix as the MTA and follow the
POSTFIX.README. This will integrate your list creation very nicely!

Also, since you are installing from source, look up the htdig patches
and install those before you crank on the final make.  You'll have to
install htdig before installing Mailman, but it makes all the archives
easily searchable - a definite plus.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes