[TriLUG] OT: Dvorak at it again - Wants the gov. to "license" computer users

Neil Little nllittle at vnet.net
Wed Aug 20 14:23:18 EDT 2003

Roy Vestal wrote:
 >Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:27:56 -0400
 >From: "Roy Vestal" <rvestal at trilug.org>
 >Subject: [TriLUG] OT: Dvorak at it again - Wants the gov. to "license"
 >	computer users
 >To: <trilug at trilug.org>
 >
 >I can't believe I *USED TO* think this guy was a good reference. He's
 >at it
 >again. This time, he's suggesting the gov't create a licensing program
 >for
 >users and that they take peoples PC's who can't pass a simple test.
 >What an
 >........ (you fill it in however you wish)
 >
 >http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1224343,00.asp

Like thats going to solve a problem.

Just because there a dummy can pass a licensing program do not mean that
he/she will act any smarter than anyone else. Take for example a simple
driver's license. An eye exam, a driving test (maybe), and a simple
test. Then you have a license to weave in and out of traffic on your
brand new rice burner, cause accidents, rage on the road and just plain
act stupid.

How's that line go? about leading a horse to drink and making a fool think?

Nuff Said,

Neil Little