[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

Dan Monjar daniel.monjar at na.biomerieux.com
Fri Aug 22 11:21:39 EDT 2003

--On Friday, August 22, 2003 10:39:58 AM -0400 Michael Thompson
<thompson at easternrad.com> wrote:

>  So,
> unless this is costing you money, you should try and troubleshoot the
> problem and learn something new, but if your charging someone for your
> time, its just plain immoral to educate yourself at your customer's
> expense.

It is probably a mindset thing... I've never been a consultant that bills
by the hour.  My staff and I are paid a full time wage to run networks and
fix things.  I'd rather my staff spend a little extra time figuring out
what the problem is and fixing it rather than to format the machine.  The
bit of time spent up front repays itself many times over down the road.

If I were billing someone by the hour I would not learn at their expense.

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services