[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

Mike Mueller linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 22 13:13:26 EDT 2003

On Friday 22 August 2003 11:21, Dan Monjar wrote:
> If I were billing someone by the hour I would not learn at their expense.

That's a judgement/intuitive call too - and I'm not trying to keep the water
muddy for recreation here.  I struggle with that question every week when I
make out the bill and describe what I've done.  Writing about it here helps
me refine my thinking.

In the past, I've done a quick fix, then did the research and better fix, and
billed for both.

If you are on salary you have the same decision but bill the time
differently.  You decide to work overtime or not.  I am assuming you don't
get paid for overtime.

Now I have heard from others that there is no reason whatsoever to
reload/restart an *nix machine.  I don't know if it's true but I use it as a
personal measure of my Linux abilities.
--
Mike Mueller
Registration No. 324881 (08/20/2003)