[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

mpdickens at tlanta.com mpdickens at tlanta.com
Fri Aug 22 16:39:38 EDT 2003

Michael Thompson wrote:

> [...]

Ahhhhh. Once again Microsoft strikes with the registry.
In fact, the registry is where most technical problems
start and end on the Wintendo platform. What absolutely
amazes me is that Microsoft sells the registry as a
technology that was designed to help the IS department(s)
and the user(s). In fact, the only purpose of the
registry is obsfucation of the code base to windows
as well as the API's to other products such as Word
that Microsoft deems as to valuable to disclose.

The registry is nothing more than a tool of obsfucation
and the only winner is Microsoft. Users and IS professionals
end up BIG LOSERS.

Best

Marvin Dickens