[TriLUG] Troubled RH9

Roberto J. Dohnert robertodohnert at netscape.net
Sat Aug 23 13:37:53 EDT 2003

I had upgraded from Red Hat Linux 8 to 9, during the course of this
upgrade I had some massive problems.  Everytime i would start an
application, I would get a segmentation fault, the only thing that would
work is GNOME, I did a full reinstall, everything appeared to be working
fine until XMMS gives me segmentation faults, then Open Office gave me
segmentation faults and every KDE app would give me a segmentation fault
error.  I took the Package back to best buy and had it replaced, but
still had the same errors, system logs would not report any problems
although i was having them.  I have since downgaded to RH 8, does anyone
know what would cause those type of problems or is it something with
that version of the distribution.