[TriLUG] Mob results

Paul Jones pjones at metalab.unc.edu
Sat Aug 23 19:14:26 EDT 2003

This report just in from the Mob organizer (not me for sure, but i was
there and it was delightful):

Well, the first flash mob in North Carolina went off without a hitch.  At
3:35 PM on Saturday, August 23, about 80 mobbers suddenly appeared in the
center of an outdoor section of a large, new mall in the area called
Southpoint on a busy Saturday afternoon.  Half were wearing a light
colored top, half a dark, and there was a shootout with hand guns (make a
gun with your hand, and say "bang").  Everybody was killed pretty quickly
(quicker than I had hoped, but it was still a wild shootout), and promptly
laid down to die and moan in the middle of the mall.  After the corpses
had started to stink in the sun (about a minute... it was hot out), the
entire mob got up and promptly dissapated.  I'm happy to say that it went
off without a hitch.  One of the flyer-hander-outer-guys came close to
being thwarted by a security guard, but luckily, that didn't happen.  The
crowd was apprpriately shocked and confused, and traffic in that part of
the mall temporarily stopped due to the large shootout and subsequent
death of the mob.  All of the participants seemed to grasp the concept.
There was no sign of the mob either before or after the event.  All in all
it was a fun time.  STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT NORTH CAROLINA MOB COMING
SOON!!!