[TriLUG] Computer Getting Slow

Jim Ray jim at neuse.net
Sun Aug 24 20:10:22 EDT 2003

there's nothing wrong with troubleshooting a problem and learning a
procedure to fix said problem.  there's nothing wrong with re-imaging a
machine in a very small amount of time.  a judgement call determines the
best path.

i remember working for this one company where an IT expert came in from
the corporate office to troubleshoot a particular problem.  he spent two
weeks troubleshooting a network connection on a pc.  he was let go not
too long thereafter.  so, the moral of the story is don't spend two
weeks on something that can be done in 10 minutes...