[TriLUG] Re: KNOPPIX suspends distribution from its web site

James Manning jmm at sublogic.com
Wed Sep 3 13:24:23 EDT 2003

> KNOPPIX is no longer available from its own web site in Germany.
>
> www.knoppix.de bears a notice that the site is closed due to the
> European software patent debacle.

Sheesh - calm down.

Like most sites that put their index.* as "closed" to protest, the
link inside it (see the "many software projects such as KNOPPIX" line)
still points to the "normal" index page.  In this case, that link
(on the word KNOPPIX) still points to the original page

    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en-old.html

Knoppix is just as available as it ever was - it's just a single front
page that voices a protest.  I don't think it's asking too much for
people to click through it.

Now, if we can get a trilug contact to get knoppix mirrored over at
distro.ibiblio.org, we'd be all set :)

    http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/

James
--
James Manning <http://www.sublogic.com/james/>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4