[TriLUG] mandrake performance?

Owen Berry trilugbucket at berrybunch.net
Mon Sep 8 13:57:54 EDT 2003

Unfortunately I don't have anything particular to suggest, but I did
want to point out that this is not normal for Mandrake 9.1. I am running
it on an ageing Toshiba laptop with a Celeron 600 Mhz processor, 192 MB
ram, 4 MB video memory, 6 GB hard drive, 140 MB swap. I routinely run
Gnome, Galeon, Evolution, gaim, Anjuta and a few terminals, along with
Apache, postfix and imapd and don't have these performance woes. Of
course I'm sure it would be a lot better on a higher spec machine, but I
have no complaints with my day to day activities.

There must be something wrong in the setup or the hardware. Good luck.

-- Owen