[TriLUG] I'm getting flooded

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Fri Sep 19 19:46:47 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 19:39, Mike Mueller wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 18:58, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> > In the past few days I've gotten about 30 of them.

Mike,

	It's not that you have to use them, but those are some of the programs
that it would muck with if you had them on your windows box when it
infected you.

	As for the strings bit.

Save the .exe file off on your linux system
type this.
	strings Qxxx.exe | less
where Qxxx is the actual name of the program.  It's fairly interesting
reading, not all that helpful, but interesting to see what registry keys
it goes after, and some of the other stuff it does.

Kevin