[TriLUG] Good distro for laptops?

Joshua Gitlin josh at glowfilms.com
Mon Oct 6 14:43:30 EDT 2003

Robert,

I use Mandrake 9.1, and I'm very happy with the way it works on my
laptop. I am using an older laptop (Dell Inspiron 3000), and the only
things that aren't working are sound and my wireless card (which isn't
officially supported under Linux anyway). I do believe that Mandrake
9.1 handles LinkSys wireless cards (although I'm not sure) and I do
know that it handles power management fine on my laptop.

- -Josh