[TriLUG] ldap authentication from Active directory or NTDS

spain at ncssm.edu spain at ncssm.edu
Wed Jan 7 14:46:28 EST 2004

I have a small network running active directory with a RH9 server running
Samba,apache/mysql..

I would like samba to pull a useraccounts from Active Directory to
authenticate users for access to fileshares..  Does anyone have easy
instructions on using PAM to set this up?

If so, is this setup process any different between NT4's NTDS and Windows
200x Active Directory?

Any one got any self-install guides available?  I've been googling all day
and so far I'm getting portions of relevant info..

Any help is appreciated

  _____

Sincerely,
Jamil Hassan Spain
NC School of Science and Mathematics | External Programs
Phone: 919-416-2641
Web: www.dlt.ncssm.edu <http://www.dlt.ncssm.edu/>
Email: spain at ncssm.edu <mailto:spain at ncssm.edu>
  _____