[TriLUG] PHP for Mandrake 9.1

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Fri Jan 9 11:37:19 EST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 08:12 pm, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> I have Mandrake 9.1 running Apache 2.0 and have not been able to get php
> working. I'd appreciate it if you could help me out.

Mandrake 9.1 comes with both apache-1.x and apache-2.x

mod_php is for apache-1.x

for apache-2.x, you need:
 apache2-mod_php-2.0.44_4.3.1-2mdk

Install it with the command:

[root at mandrake] # urpmi apache2-mod_php

> So I searched for RPMs for updating Apache2 and/or mod_php. I found
> various packages but haven't been able to find the right packages to get
> this to work.

Search the proper way:

urpmq -y php

> For example, I found mod_php-4.3.1-1mdk and thought that that was all I
> needed but I got:

This is for apache-1.x , so it will not work with apache-2

> $  rpm -i mod_php-4.3.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         mm = 1.2.2 is needed by mod_php-4.3.1-1mdk
>         libmm.so.1   is needed by mod_php-4.3.1-1mdk

Use urpmi to install stuff in mandrake. There's a GUI for it called "rpmdrake"
(to launch it from the command line) or launch it from the menu:

K-> Configuration -> Packaging -> Install Software

urpmi (and rpmdrake) solve all those "failed dependencies". Like the famous
"apt-get" in Debian or "yum" in RedHat/Fedora.

Please, learn to use urpmi and read the available documentation for Mandrake,
which is very good and easy to follow.

See:

http://www.urpmi.org/index.html.en
http://www.urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/fdoc.php3

You will discover a nice set of pages in HTML and PDF formats.

Salut,
Sinner
--
Visit my website! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.2 - Kernel  2.4.22-10mdksmp  Linux User # 89976