[TriLUG] looking for mass-email software

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 14:35:54 EST 2004

You can really just do this with your own script.  I use Perl and the
Mail::Sendmail module, available from CPAN or cpan2rpm.

I've posted a modified version of my script here:
	http://www.trilug.org/~jeremy/massemail.pl

In my case, it takes an input file which has the names and e-mail
addresses of the recipients (whitespace delimited).  The e-mail text
itself is hard-coded in the script, but it could easily be read from an
outside file if desired.  The To: header filled in with the name and
e-mail address from the user.  To the end user, it looks just like a
normal text email sent directly to them.

Let me know if you have any questions about how to do this -- this is
the perfect application of a scripting language like Perl.  I think it
should fit all of your requirements.

--Jeremy