dev resurgence (was Re: [TriLUG] simple regular expression to strip HTML?)

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 22:59:23 EST 2004

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:28:30PM -0500, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> I would have posted this to the dev@ list, but we've discontinued it...
> :-|

:-( It was good while it lasted.  FWIW I've been railing against the C++
godz.  I'm gettin' a little tired of being lashed by the
the standards bearers.

Any C coders out there?  Have you heard that the standards bodies
are doing away with .h extensions for #include files. stdlib.h becomes
cstdlib.  Yeah. Like I'm going to remember that.  Like anyone is going
to go  through the entire body of open source and closed source code
to make such changes.  Compiles will be _filled_ with warnings on
deprecated use of .h files. Hah!  It'll never happen, says I.

Sorry I can't help with regex.  I am amazed by people who can.
If you don't get a good answer here, you might try subscribing to
docbook-apps.  I think the question might be kindly regarded there.
--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com