[TriLUG] MASSIVE SECURITY BREACH

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Mar 1 16:44:59 EST 2004

I'm truly sorry if I sound stupid about this (and no doubt Magnus and
others will be more than happy to let me know), but:

What part of "don't use an important password" got lost in the translation
between American and Canadian?  Seriously!

This is a bloody email list, not the root login for a nuclear monitoring
system at Los Alamos.  If you are using your important logins everywhere
including email lists, perhaps you need to 1. use better login
compartmentalization, 2. pay attention to the TOS for the service you are
using, and 3. excercise a little restraint before playing Chicken Little.

William