[TriLUG] Mozilla password annoyances

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 23:00:44 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 22:09, Owen Berry wrote:

>The reason I'm rambling on about this is that I want to provide this
>functionality to people out there who want to use it. It's a small
>project, one file with about 300 lines of code, and is definitely not
>worth a project on SourceForge or something similar. What is the best
>way to get this out there? Any suggestions?

www.mozdev.org would probably be the perfect place to host
the project.  They're a "forge like" community dedicated
to Mozilla related projects.  You get CVS, mailing lists,
etc., just like a sourceforge setup.

Even if it is only 300 lines of code, you can create a project
there (it's free, of course), put it in CVS, and you're
good to do... all you need then is to "advertise" it
a little, so the people who want it will know about it.
As Jeremy said, Freshmeat is great for that, and there
are probably also other good avenues for promoting
the project.

TTYL,

Phil R.

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org