[TriLUG] Certifications

Frye, Matthew Matthew.Frye at rexhealth.com
Thu Mar 4 14:00:58 EST 2004

> ----------

	There is another iteration of this study group going on now; they
	are going a little more slowly than we did and are being a little
more
	"distro agnostic" instead of focusing on Red Hat.

I don't know where you got that idea.  We've stuck to Red Hat all the way,
unless you consider Fedora as non-Red Hat.  We follow what is presented in
the book, and while our discussion often compares and contrasts with what we
know of other Unices in general, we are indeed studying Red Hat.

We considered doing an Advanced Topics group after we get past the "J. Evans
Pritchard"*  part of the book, but that's a different thing altogether.
What we are doing now is making sure that everyone understands the subject
matter before moving on.  That's a function of our class members' relative
experience, not a change of curriculum.

MPF

* That's a cultural reference, so don't go looking for any Linux Cert books
by J. Evans Pritchard.