[TriLUG] Re: Time To Ditch RoadRunner?

Peter Long petelong at petelong.com
Sun Mar 7 00:10:14 EST 2004

ronnie ballard said:
> hello mike, i live in burlington  and i have been on roadrunner since
> 2001 and i have noticed in the last six months it takes forever to get
> my home page to come up, has roadrunner slowed down that much. please
> let me know what i need to do to get back fast enternet speed.

I have actually found that my download bandwidth had increase 50% as
advertised by RR. I used to get about 200KB/s and recently I managed to
download something at around 320KB/s. I have not run very extensive tests
but so far I have nothing to complain about. Here in Durham I am very
happy with my RR.

BTW: Is there even DSL service available out there that gives you the same
bandwidth for a similar price?

--
Peter Long