[TriLUG] Nomating Jeremy Portzer

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 19:24:02 EDT 2004

Well all the slackers on the current Steering Committee have already
thrown their hats into the ring. So I'm nominating (and hopefully he'll
accept) Jeremy Portzer for one more round of TriLUG leadership.

Jeremy is the engine that runs TriLUG - or at least that is what I see
from the outside looking in.

The current SC is a good crew and I would love to see what Jeremy could
do if he were King this year!

We have a lot of good folks in TriLUG and many of them are currently on
the SC.  None is better than Jeremy in my opinion. His commitment and
and drive to get things done are truly a valuable asset to our
community.  I only wish others of the SC had some of that drive and
ability to follow through.

Some items that we should all consider when voting this year are:
 - the disappearance of our TriLUG classes and Seminars.
 - the paucity of our Installfests
 - the lack of follow through in courting our sponsors and our corporate
donations.

Now don't get me wrong. I love the guys on our SC. They have done a
great job... but we are missing some motivation or clarity of mission...
or something that is keeping them from moving our organization further
along, and completing some of our longer term goals.

All those running for the SC are good folks, and some are quite
motivated and organized. I hope we can see some of that organization and
motivation move into the Steering Committee this year.

At the very least, I would love to see some follow through on bringing
back our monthly TriLUG classes and topic seminars.  These are an
invaluable asset that has been MIA for the past year.

Jon Carnes
/let the flames begins/