Nominating Jon Carnes (was Re: [TriLUG] Nomating Jeremy Portzer)

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 09:45:56 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 08:37:44AM -0400, Mike Johnson wrote:

> The clases were never monthly.  After we saw the response, we tried to
> make it happen, though.  But you'd be amazed at how hard it is to find a
> -reliable- space to hold meetings that fits all of our requirements.
> When we thought we finally had one, IBM pulled the rug out from under us
> and told us we'd have to pay somewhere around $200 for every time we
> used their space.  Another space fell through do to one of our members
> being laid off, and the SAS space is one we would only allowed to use
> once a year.

Probably liability issues.  Think of it this way, would you invite
20-50 strangers to your place not knowing which of them might get
hurt and sue you?  $200/use is not bad - 20 peeps X $10 ea.  Do it as
a subscription.  1. People sign up and send in checks/cash/money orders
for a topic. 2. When dollar threshold is met, date is set and room
reserved. 3. Amounts collected over the threshold apply to the next
session.
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.