[TriLUG] Well, now that I haven't paid attention to the to field....

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Apr 28 10:53:29 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 10:56, Maria Winslow wrote:
> I hate when that happens.. but anyway, as I just told Ken publicly, I am
> finishing up a book, and need to collect screen shots. I'm on a laptop, which
> means that it's hard to get everything I need.

> Here's my list:
>      Red Hat desktop

I would suggest that you revise that to be "Red Hat Enterprise Linux"
which is the current Red Hat product with Red Hat in the name.  Red Hat
Linux (such as version 9) is no longer being produced so it would make
your book look kinda outdated to include that.

>      Lindows desktop

This is now Linspire.

>      SUSE desktop
>      Debian desktop

Perhaps consider Knoppix or Gnoppix as Debian variants worth showing?

>      Fedora Core desktop

Why not Mandrake since you have such a big list otherwise?

>      Sun Java Desktop desktop
>      StarOffice, three or four views
>      Evolution, two or three views
>      Ximian Red Carpet, admin view