[TriLUG] TriLUG ReplyTo

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Fri Apr 30 10:40:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 10:22, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

> Ah-ah.  This explains it.  Mailman can be set to strip reply-tos before
> adding the list one but isn't currently set to do this.  The option
> in question is described here:
>
>    Should any existing Reply-To: header found in the  original message be
>    stripped? If so, this will be done  regardless of whether an explict
>
> I believe older versions of mailman did this by default so it wasn't
> a problem.  When we upgraded, we must have not realized and just left
> this at the default.
>
> I've just changed it to do the reply-to stripping so let's try it out
> this way for a bit.  If people don't like it, we can always change it back.

Gah!

I *liked* the way it was working.  That way, it was easy to reply to an
individual by deleting the trilug at trilug.org portion from the Reply-To.
Otherwise you have to cut and paste, especially if you're using a
brain-dead mailer like evolution that won't let you reply to the From:
address.

Obviously this didn't work for everyone, since not everyone sends a
Reply-To, but it was handy when it did work.  :/

--Jeremy