[TriLUG] Re: broadband option in the Triangle area

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Sat Aug 28 23:02:58 EDT 2004

Jeff Groves wrote:
> Lance A. Brown wrote:
>> Any time I have to call RR for support I push through the first line
>> support at the first hint of non-helpfulness from them because I'm
>> running Linux.  I never call them unless it's something not on my
>> computer anyway so hassling with the first-line script droids isn't
>> worth it.
>>
> What tactic do you use to get around the first line droids?

Sometimes I demand to open a ticket which usually gets me to at least a
2nd level person.  Other times just sheer brass.  "Look.  I'm a UNIX
professional UNIX systems administator.  Your XXX is not working right,
now give me someone who can help with it."

Lately though when I call (and that has been very rare the last couple
years), it usually ends up being, "Yessir, we are aware of the problem
and are working on it at this time.", or "Yessir, there is a network
outage in your area and we are working to fix it."

--[Lance]

--
 Carolina Spirit Quest  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/