[TriLUG] Samba-3 + PDC+LDAP Question

Mark Fowle mark at thefowles.com
Fri Sep 10 19:32:05 EDT 2004

Has anyone worked with the Samba 3/PDC+LDAP configuration?  I have a
configuration where I have LDAP on one server and
samba on the other - both sides see each other, at least until I have to
join a windows XP machine to the domain - then it suddenly
can't find either  root or Administrator ---  (I don't have access to my
smb.conf file right now, otherwise I'd post it...)   I think
it's looking for the root entry in the smbpasswd file (which is there)
but I have my passdb backend setup for tdbsam ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1

If I try to mount a share from the linux server, I can give it
root/password or Administrator/password and have no problems...

Thanks,
Mark