[TriLUG] Non-responsive Linux Box

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Tue Nov 30 13:51:56 EST 2004

it could be a failed hard drive.  the desktop and OS are running in ram
but trying to launch anything requires disk access which is no longer
there.  entirely possible that the problem is elsewhere, but given the
recent postings i thought of this first :-)

can you crtl-alt-F2 to get a console screen and log in?  if so then it's
not the disk.  or if you can ssh in then the disk is not the culprit.

jason