[TriLUG] SUSE - MySQL - Can't connect

Daniel T. Jerome me at danjerome.com
Tue Nov 30 14:19:50 EST 2004

Hi yall,

It's been a long time since I have made a submission to trilug. I've been a
passive observer as of late.  I have a problem with connecting to my MySQL
install on SuSE 9.0.  I have all my updates in place according to YAST.

When I try to connect using the MYSQLCC client I get a message that says

ERROR 2013: Lost connection to My SQL server during query

When I try using the CLI mysql with -u and -p I get a message that says:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

When I try mysqladmin status I get a message that says:

Mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed

Error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)'

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because I even attempted to
uninstall and reinstall the service from the purchased install disk.

Thanx,

Daniel T. Jerome
dan at InphoWorx.com

www.InphoWorx.com

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are
intended solely for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are
 not an addressee or responsible for delivering this e-mail to
an addressee you have received this e-mail in error and you are
strictly prohibited from reading or disclosing it. The information
contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be subject to
legally enforceable privileges. If you received this in error please
email dan at inphoworx.com or reply via electronic mail to the person
sending this transmission, return this document to us, and delete
this message from your system.