[TriLUG] Re: Tis the season: December TriLUG events!

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Dec 7 10:18:27 EST 2004

Umm... When is this?  I haven't seen anything in the emails about it
saying.

--[Lance]

Jeff Tickle wrote:
> I'm gonna try my best to be there...  I don't have any exams until next
> Tuesday so basically I'm just hanging around the dorms by my lonesome
> until then, and there is certainly going to be some travelling around
> between now and then.
>
> And I like Rick's idea.  Definitely need a little key signing action.
> Although I think there's something wrong with my key (which is why I
> haven't been signing messages), so maybe we can get that solved too.
>
> -Jeff
>
> On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 23:40 -0500, Joseph Tate wrote:
>
>>Hear ye, hear ye!  As we come to the close of another arbitrary calendar
>>year[1], the weather grows colder, the shoppers more vulgar and the
>>cupboards a little more bare.  We hope that you'll take time out of your
>>busy holiday schedule to spend some quality time with your fellow
>>TriLUGgers.  "[We] don't know half of you half as well as [we] should
>>like, and [we] like less than half of you half as well as you
>>deserve."[2]  Let's rectify this situation.
>>
>>Due to a last minute cancellation, there will be no speaker this month.
>>However, in the spirit of the season this will be a purely social
>>occasion, a chance to meet and mingle and put faces to names.  In
>>addition to eating, drinking and merry making, those with laptops may
>>participate in the *open* bzflag arena[3].  Other games may be available
>>if there is sufficient interest.  Please note that alcohol is not
>>permitted in Dreyfus, but if anyone would like to bring a little
>>holiday cheer (cookies?  eggnog?  little gingerbread tuxes?) that would
>>be welcome and appreciated by all.  The pizza and soda will be provided
>>as usual.
>>
>>Also remember, in this time of giving, give to your favorite charity,
>>namely TriLUG.  This is the last time to get that tax deduction for
>>2004.
>>
>>One further announcement, our January meeting will be held at Red Hat
>>Headquarters instead of Dreyfus.  Please make a note of this, time and
>>day will be the same and we'll post directions to the list and the home
>>page shortly.
>>
>>[1] The date 1 Jan was selected as the beginning of the new year at the
>>introduction of the Gregorian calendar.
>>[2] Bilbo Baggins (duh)
>>[3] No cover is sufficient to hide from Daleth.

  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/
  My LiveJournal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/labrown/
  GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9