[TriLUG] OFF-TOPIC - Snow "Storm"?

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Jan 21 10:25:36 EST 2005

Jim Ray wrote:

>> It's the first time I've ever dropped into 4wd-low for snow/ice.
>>

>I dropped into 2 foot drive, parked my blessed minivan in a gridlock near
>ncsu and walked home with my two children in my arms.  What a mess.  I've
>never seen anything so bad when living in Chicago or in my native NC in my
>43 years.

My regular commute of 15-20 mins took me 6 hours, and it was only that
short because at 5 and a half hours I got fed up, got out of traffic,
started driving in the opposing lanes, and generally breaking the law en
masse in order to get home.  Once I started going around the sheep,
instead of waiting in the line with them, it took another 20 mins to get
home, across ice-covered hills (ala Millbrook) and past crashed school
buses.

Aaron S. Joyner