[TriLUG] Re: Printer Recommendation

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Tue Feb 8 14:23:48 EST 2005

www.linuxprinting.org is the best site I've found for printers vs. linux
information.  I went with their recommendation to buy an Epson Stylus C82
as the best "all around, moderate price" inkjet and have been very pleased.
   The site also provides the best notes on getting specific printers
working under Linux/CUPS I've found.  I share my C82 out via SMB and it
works perfectly.

Search the site for the kind of printers you are interested in, then pick
one based on the indicated linux-support level and follow the directions on
the web site to get it working.

--[Lance]

--
  Celebrate The Circle: http://www.celebratethecircle.org/