[TriLUG] OT: hardware trading for new Linux box

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Tue Feb 15 16:38:36 EST 2005

I want to build a Linux box for my wife.  She is on the cusp of conversion,
so I want the hardware to be fairly reliable and reasonably snappy as she
takes her first plunge into Linux user land.

So far I have:
ATX case and hefty power supply
NVIDIA 4x AGP video (couple of years old, but plenty for her)
Four 20Gb IDE drives
Promise FasTrack IDE controller
Some old IDE CD-ROM drive
PCI Ethernet NIC

I also have 4 sticks of PC2100 256MB ECC memory.

Now, my problem is that I need to find a motherboard and cpu to go with my
memory, or come up with new memory for a non-ECC rig.

Does anyone have a used ECC capable motherboard (with or without CPU) they
would like to sell or trade?
Does anyone have non-ECC memory they would like to trade for my ECC sticks?

I have had one generous offer to contribute a somewhat dated motherboard and
cpu to the cause, but I am hoping for something from around the dawn of the
P4 era or better if its out there.

If you have something to sell of trade please respond OFF LIST

Thanks, Ryan