[TriLUG] OT - well, I do want to save the file on Linux

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Mon May 2 23:15:19 EDT 2005

Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> If it's the right type of modem, you could certainly accomplish this
> task with Asterisk.  A full description of how to setup Asterisk and
> accomplish the task at hand is well beyond the scope of a single email,
> but suffice to say that it's possible with a modicum of effort.  An even
> better long term solution might be replace your current answering
> service with a more flexible Asterisk-based solution, and those
> voicemails will be naturally saved in .wav or .mp3, your choice.  :)

Speaking of Asterisk, what ever happened to all the interest?  Mark's
presentation was well attended, but 10 months later I've only talked
with one other person via IAX.  I'm betting it's those pesky lives I
keep hearing about ;)

--
Kevin Otte, N8VNR
nivex at nivex dot net

-=-

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
-- George Santayana

"It seems no one reads Santayana anymore."
-- Cdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5