[TriLUG] aptitude broke gaim!

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at mallet-assembly.org
Mon Jul 11 14:56:34 EDT 2005

Brian Henning <brian at strutmasters.com> writes:
> Well it looks like building from source was the solution to getting
> gaim going again.  As far as running Sarge over Woody...  Everyone I
> talked to when I was considering Woody said "man, you gotta run
> Sarge!  It's not that bad, really, 'unstable' is sort of a
> misnomer..."

I wouldn't have recommended woody, either, but sarge is not, and has
never been, the unstable distribution---and as of a month ago, it's
the stable distribution.

Seriously, go into your /etc/apt/sources.list, and if you see any
references to unstable or sid, change them to testing.  Anything else,
and you're going to continue to have things like this--or
worse---happen unexpectedly.

Mike
--
You're such a delicate boy -- Garbage