[TriLUG] LVM conversion?

Hugh Crissman hcrissman at secure-mind.net
Fri Jul 15 12:38:14 EDT 2005

* Jason Tower <jason at cerient.net> [2005-07-15 11:37:07]:

> you can't.  you'll have to back up your data somewhere else, set up
> lvm, and copy the data back.
>
> on a related note, i was chatting with someone last night about upcoming
> meeting topics and LVM was mentioned.  is this a topic that people would
> be interested in hearing more about?  or has LVM been around long enough
> that it's old news?
>
> jason

I guess the best method for the setup is what I am after. I have recent
backup and once lvm is setup, restoring should not be an issue. The only
lvm setup I am running currently I created as part of the install
process on a Deb system. That was not too bad at all once I understood
the basic concepts. But, could the lvm structure be created using a
knoppix CD and then restoring data after that?

thanks,

Hugh