[TriLUG] OpenWRT, WRT54GS and "afterburner"

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 21:33:25 EDT 2005

Has anyone tried to run the WRT54GS in afterburner mode using OpenWRT?
 If so how much of a throughput increase did you see?  I have one
WRT54GS running OpenWRT but I really don't want to run out and
purchase one more just to test this out.

If anyone else out there has one GS running OpenWRT and you'd like to
test this out at the next TriLUG meeting let me know, I'll bring mine,
and we'll run a test with afterburner off and on and we'll see how
what kind of speed increase we see when in afterburner mode vs.
regular (and we'll also test G only vs "auto" - I have sneaking
suspicion that the throughput will drop when put in combo B & G mode
even though there are only G clients.. just a hunch).  For the record
the two required settings would be:

wl0_gmode=6
wl0_afterburner=on

Greg