[TriLUG] Sendmail problem

Jeff The Riffer riffer at vaxer.net
Fri Oct 14 08:30:41 EDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Mark Fowle wrote:
> This is incoming to me ....  This is the only site that seems to have this
> problem.

Hmmmm, that would imply something on their end disrupts the connection
before it completes. Unfortunately, there's lots of possibilities there.

If you enabled more detailed logging in sendmail you can get more info.
The best way to do this would be to get on the phone with someone at that
organization, enable debug logging in sendmail and have them send a test
message.

Possibilities include disk problems on remote end, slow network, high
level of retransmits on network, bad sendmail.cf, etc etc...