[TriLUG] No more Linux on WRT54G???

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:31:18 EST 2005

Perhaps Linksys will do a 180 and go back to Linux on the WRT5G.  So
far the reviews I've been hearing about the version 5 product are bad
across the board.  Problems include: router locking up during install
via installation CD at predictable intervals, wireless signal
mysteriously disappearing, router lockups during gaming (sounds
strange, but I'm just reporting the rumors), wired ports losing
connectivity (now *THAT'S* odd), WPA refusing to work on some models
but not others, and a host of other problems.

I also hear that Linksys is still selling Linux based WRT54GLs in
Europe.  Let's hope they creep back across the pond and we can chalk
up this "upgrade" from linksys to a simple bad idea.  Like New Coke or
Clear Beer or that hideous Chicken Skin and Curry pizza slice I had in
Japan.

Greg