[TriLUG] No more Linux on WRT54G???

Corey Mutter corey at mutternet.com
Tue Nov 15 15:14:10 EST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 04:31:18PM -0500, Greg Brown wrote:
> Perhaps Linksys will do a 180 and go back to Linux on the WRT5G.

My guess (from dealing with networking hardware vendors in my day job)
would be that the motivator for the switch was more likely the ability
to get by with half the flash and RAM. Vendors *love* to scrimp on that
stuff as hard as they can - if they save $1 on the cost of every unit of
a consumer product, that's a big difference in the bottom line.

Corey

[snip]